Wednesday 7 March 2012

Dress Completed!

I am really excited, I finished my current sewing project last night and I am absolutely delighted with the result.
So much so I wore it to work this morning.
I have to say the pattern has been very clear to follow.

I love the frugality of this dress, the pattern I found in a box of my grandmothers after she died, it had never even been cut out and the material my mum bought me as a present from a market at £4 per metre. The only thing I had to buy was some cotton at about £2 per reel.
It has to be the cheapest work attire that I own.

The photos are from last night at class, so today I just teamed it with neutral tights, black high heels and I put a white vest top underneath for modesty.

I love it!

Not sure what the next project is, I have a pattern for a swing jacket I am dying to try, but no material to make it in.      
So I am thinking that I will make this dress up again over the next few weeks before I visit the NEC Sewing Show 23 – 25th March and hopefully I will be able to pick some fabric up there for the jacket.

I am still munching my way through the roast chicken from Sunday. 1 more dinner servings to go and it will be finished. Plus lunch today was Chicken Dinner soup and it will be again tomorrow, actually it is more like a chicken dinner smoothy. :o)
I am giving chicken a miss for a while after tomorrow evening…

Total spend today 70p on a can of pop.

I got home this evening to find this little bugger waiting next to the bath (sorry about the poor pic), ERGH! I hate spiders especially ones like this - the size of an 8 yo child! It has gone to the big web in the sky now. I know they are the good guys, but I will never be one of those people who can pick them up.

Oh BTW, here is the pizza I made on Friday. Using the easy crust recipe. I can highly recommend it!

Frugally yours
Abigail
x

4 comments:

  1. Pizza looks great as does your dress, well done. Re the spider, I too hate them and used to kill them. Now, we have a glass and a postcard in each room. When we spot one, the glass goes over it, the postcard slips under it to turn the glass over (keep the card in place), then we sling it outside. I found this hard to do in the beginning, but it is now second nature even though I still hate the flipping things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous dress. I love the fabric! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you r lovely comment. I actually discovered recently it is a Paul Costello fabric.
      Sewing is not a talent like say painting, or singing is. It is more like a jigsaw. I am sure with your talents you could do the same in a couple of terms of evening class.

      Delete
  3. A gorgeous dress! Well done you.

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail