Friday 22 March 2013

No-One Expects The Spanish Inquisition.

A couple of reader picked up on a point I tried to hide in the text yesterday.

Yes, The Chap received a gas bill of £700 for the quarter. We live in a 3 bedroom house.

I am not worried about the Cats getting up the duff anymore as The Chap's had kittens!

I write a blog on how to reduce your outgoings and pay off your debt then go and then receive a quarterly gas bill for £700.... something is wrong somewhere.

Of course no-one expects the Spanish Inquisition which is exactly what I got when I returned home from work. Actually I got a text about it whilst still at work he was that upset.

But, not with me...

For you see I do not even know where the central heating control panel is. I think he suspects the cats..

Ofcourse the upshot is that gas usage is being reviewed. The Results
  • We are changing supplier
  • We have reviewed the when it will now be programmed. Not at all in the morning, and 4 hours from 6.30 - 10.30pm
  • The thermostat has been turned down
  • The Chap is looking into cavity wall insultation.
  • We are also going to purchase draft excluders for the lounge.
I did point out that my combined bill at my 2 bed flat was considerably less than this, and so perhaps he should allow me to me to control the heating.

Watch this space!

Frugally yours
Abigail
x

6 comments:

  1. The Chap may be jumping on the frugality bandwagon - this might be the needed push!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that if my fuel bill came in that high I would have such a hissy fit that you would hear me. When the red mist cleared i would be breathing fire and brimstone down the phone line to my power supplier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fire and Brimstone is much more TCs way of dealing with things. I am more A brew and a biscuit kind of girl.
      We will find out in 3 months I suppose.

      Delete
  3. Hi Abigail, been reading your blog for ages now and enjoy it very much. Have not got round to posting but thought I would say hi and let you know about draft excluders as they can be made very easily and cheaply. I make my own. Must do a tutorial actually... but I just get a cheap pair of thick tights, last time I got thick grey ones from Primark. I cut them at the gusset so you get 2 out of each pair, then stuff each leg with plastic bags and I put a little bit of rice in them at each end to give it some weight then tie the end with a bit of ribbon or an elastic band. So easy and works a treat!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I really appreciate you coming by and commenting. Thank you x.
      Draft excluders are a great idea, I am planning on making some when I go back to my sewing circle after Easter, but at the moment with my sewing machine and overlockers at my parents, plus no table to sew at. It might be a while! Arrrghh living in a building site is driving me potty!
      :o)

      Delete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail