Thursday 18 October 2012

Space, The Final Frontier

Hi Peeps

Just a quickie as I am going away from tomorrow lunchtime until Sunday.

The Chap and I have got tickets to Destination Star Trek at the Excel Centre in London.

I appreciate it is not everyone’s cup of tea, but we cannot wait.

The tickets have cost £50 each for a 3 day event, but the hotel has cost £200 across the two of us.

Total £300.00

We have kept the cost of the weekend down though, as we have been given £50 worth of train vouchers which have covered our travel.

I have packed individually wrapped croissants for breakfast on the two days… no continentals for us, no sirrree. That plus the hotel free tea and coffee will give me us a nice start to the day.

We aim to buy a sandwich for later on from a cheap street vendor and take our own drinks for whilst we are there.

In the evening we have printed off some 2- 4- 1 vouchers to pizza restaurants etc to try and keep the cost down.

However, to have your photo taken with Cpt Kirk or Cpt Picard, £40 and another £40 for a photo with or another. So it probably will entail some spending, which I am prepared for, but I want to spend my money on merchandise and memorabilia and not overpriced nibbles.
I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating biscuits. x
Being frugal, does not always mean denying yourself, just being sure about what you want to spend your money on.

If you are interested, this is the largest star trek convention outside the US and the only one ever outside the UK to boast all 4 captains in one place plus a host of other guests.

So excited.

And, before you ask No we are not dressing up!

Are you interested in seeing some photos?

Frugally yours
Abigail
 x

1 comment:

  1. Please share your pics! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail