I had a spare hour over the weekend, and I discovered that you can actually achieve a huge amount in an hour, given a phone and internet connection.
- Rang up Staffordshire Police to complain about a dangerous roundabout
- Wrote to my local MP about said dangerous roundabout.
- Checked my bank statement
- Contacted insurance broker after discovering a mistake on bank statement - they had charged me treble!
- Rang Water company and checked my bill as I was paying £44.50/ month. Who knew you only paid it for 8 months?? (No point changing to a meter now as shortly moving)
- Chased up Supermarket who poisoned me, no news as yet - my complaint is not even registered on their system yet (7 days later!)
- Also chased my district council re: pothole reported on Monday last week. Someone came out and checked it, yes it is bad. Will be repaired within a month.
- Rang up housing association who owns the outside of my flat. Very bizarre arrangement, i pay them a service charge each month for the upkeep of the outside, but that does not cover my front door apparently. So I wanted to check if the garage door was covered. "Check your lease" was the answer.....bunch of unhelpful muppets!
Flat moving along nicely, another viewing tomorrow, followed by a second viewing later this week, so tonight after book club I must remember to remove knickers from radiator.
Plus, The Chap is having 3 bells knocked out of his house this week ready for the new kitchen, but it meant we talked about what furniture I was going to bring and where it would go.
Slowly getting there I think!
PS If you watch one movie this month, make it "The best exotic marigold hotel" - I saw it last nigh, pure magic!