Monday 21 May 2012

UFOs Identified and Eliminated.

Firstly, hello and welcome to my new follower “adventures in dinner”. Thanks so much for visiting and Donna, I really appreciated your comment on my post about Mum. So thanks, it cheered me up no end!

It was a really productive weekend, if (being really honest now) a little bit lonely.
I had dinner with my parents on the way home on Friday, then popped into the supermarket. I will update my shopping page when I get a moment this week. £34.52 spent in Tesco. However, I did buy the final knife from their offer before it closed yesterday.

So I am not sure if it is allowed, if it is then this was my first ever No Spend Weekend.

I went to bed early Friday night and was up at 7.30am with the flat totally cleaned and vacuumed by 11.30am. “J” can round at 12.30 and I was able to serve up salmon steaks (donated by my mum) with baked potato served with sour cream and chives (courtesy of mum’s garden) and some reduced sugar snap peas / mini sweetcorn medley. Then I did jelly and ice cream for pudding. Yes, jelly and ice cream. Honestly, try it, give an adult jelly and ice cream this weekend and they love it as a one off. Takes you back to your childhood.  I also gave her my left over knife vouchers and she went off to buy 3 delighted.

“J” left about 3ish and I went and got out my sewing machine and overlocker. I moved my tailors dummy into the lounge and unfolded the ironing board.
Time to start on the Unfinished Objects (UFOs) that have been littering W Towers

1) So until about 8pm I then just concentrated on finishing my second wrap dress. I cut the piping and attached it to the neckline. Fitted the sleeves and hand sewed the sleeve ends and piping. I then put some detailing work on the ties and attached then after hemming the edge from both fold overs.

Basically the whole thing is done bar the hemming. The dress is far too long and needs a good foot cutting off. Whilst I could have done it on the mannequin, I decided to leave it until another pair of eyes was around. The last bit of hemming should take 20minutes. What do you think?


2) Shortened The Chaps new work suit trousers as they were far too long. I messed this up to begin with (more haste, less…) and got into a right panic thinking I had ruined them. I find in these situations, it is best to put everything down. Make yourself a cup of tea……ok or a rum and cola and not think about it. 30 Mins later I went back and looked at them. Realised I could sort it out with a lot of unpicking and went to bed. I finished them the next day.

3) I repaired the holes in my bed linen (base fitted sheets just pop open at the corner I find). It takes 10 seconds to repair on the sewing machine. Another UFO down

4) Repaired the holes in both pockets of my white winter jackets. As I normally bung my house and car keys in there small holes 2 months ago had grown in size until I could put my whole hand through into the lining of the jacket. I will admit I did not patch them properly. But as they are pockets, no-one will know and it means I can use my jacket again.

5) Sewed a button back on my work black trousers.

6) Sewed button back on my favourite TK Max winter wool smart coat.
7) Put my first item on eBay to sell, a sticky fingers blue suit. We will see how it goes.

I have not done as much as I wanted, as on Sunday as I woke up with a dreadful headache and could not get going until about 1 o’clock.

I also did all my washing and ironing and started out sorting this pile ready to file this week.

I was hoping to get on with my bag I am making too, but The Chap rang, he was back from traversing Tryan in Wales and had cooked a Thai curry and invited me round.
A quick bath and I was there. It had been a week since I had seen him and I was so glad he was back.

After a year together spending all weekends with him, not having him around I was a bit lonely. But, my gosh I am pleased all those nagging sewing jobs got done.

What about you, did you tackle a UFO?

Frugally yours
Abigail
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail