Wednesday 12 June 2013

Drumroll Please...

I have been a bit lax in blogging of recent weeks.

I know I have.

There has been a reason.

Remember a while ago I mentioned in a post script I had some good news The Chap and I had celebrated with a nice dinner out?




Well, I got a new job!!

Today I handed in my notice, after 16 years working for the same company.

There has been so much to sort out, it has taken up a lot of my time over the last 4-5 weeks. Interview preparation, time off work etc.

I was delighted to be selected out of over 100 applicants. Whoo Hoo - look at me blowing my own trumpet!

THE BENEFITS
  • My new working week is 37.5 hrs compared to 42 hours per week
  • My new journey will take 15 mins WALKING, comparied to 60 mins driving.
  • I will save £200 per month on my petrol costs, plus no more buying a new car every 4 yrs. My insurance will reduce as no more stating i do c25000miles per annum. Longer time frames between services and I get healthier!
  • A little bit more money.
  • No working in sales anymore, this is an operational role
  • Bigger company, new faces
  • Less holidays initially as I will drop 2 days per annum, but after 2 years there I will re-gain them and then gain more! AND I will be better off by 3 hrs per day, with less working hours and less commute.
I had been looking a while and this fitted everything I wanted. I am SOOO excited!

I start the end of this month as I have a 2 week notice period and am really looking forward to it.

It is the beginning of a new era!

Frugally yours
Abigail
x

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Abigail! That's fantastic news and the extra hours in the day saved by not commuting will be priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new job!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations from me too. It will make a huge difference to your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Abigail. Well done you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous - congratulations! I hope the new job is everything you hope for. So nice to work less hours for the same money too - there is a raise in it right there plus less money on petrol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is fab news, well done you! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your congratulations, really pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very belated congratulations I am so pleased for you :-) x

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail