I know I have.
There has been a reason.
Remember a while ago I mentioned in a post script I had some good news The Chap and I had celebrated with a nice dinner out?
Well, I got a new job!!
Today I handed in my notice, after 16 years working for the same company.
There has been so much to sort out, it has taken up a lot of my time over the last 4-5 weeks. Interview preparation, time off work etc.
I was delighted to be selected out of over 100 applicants. Whoo Hoo - look at me blowing my own trumpet!
- My new working week is 37.5 hrs compared to 42 hours per week
- My new journey will take 15 mins WALKING, comparied to 60 mins driving.
- I will save £200 per month on my petrol costs, plus no more buying a new car every 4 yrs. My insurance will reduce as no more stating i do c25000miles per annum. Longer time frames between services and I get healthier!
- A little bit more money.
- No working in sales anymore, this is an operational role
- Bigger company, new faces
- Less holidays initially as I will drop 2 days per annum, but after 2 years there I will re-gain them and then gain more! AND I will be better off by 3 hrs per day, with less working hours and less commute.
I start the end of this month as I have a 2 week notice period and am really looking forward to it.
It is the beginning of a new era!