Monday 26 November 2012

Should Have Stayed In Bed Today.

I woke up today and just felt like turning over and going back to sleep. So I waved my hand in the general direction of the alarm (I have a very fancy movement activated snooze button) and went back to sleep.

I guess I may have done this more than once as the next time I looked at the clock it was 16 mins past my usual "get your fat ass out of bed time".

Oh shiiiiiiiiittttt!

I then had five minutes to wash, dress, make the bed and run out of the door.

Impossible for many but not for me as I wonder womaned it round the flat.

Straighteners on before the bathroom then they are ready to flatten down the birds-nest before hitting the door.

Whilst ironing my bob I always bung on the tv to check the news.

"Strange" thought I "that's not the usual couple who tell me the horrors going on overseas of a morning". Hmmmm

I then checked the clock on the program only 6.25 not 7.25am. Oh heck I am up an hour early!!!!!

So off I toddle to the kitchen to put the kettle on. One cup of tea later I am lying in bed smug in the knowledge that I have eons of time before o have to dance the day. Perhaps I can really shock everyone and turn up with make up on my face not in my bag!

I settle back in bed and happened to glance at the alarm clock again 7.35 AM. WHAT!!!!!

I checked the Tv and suddenly realised I was watching ITV+1.....

So it starts again.

Should have stayed in bed and just not bothered with today at all methinks. Especially as I could not for the life of me remember all day whether I had turned off the straighteners.

Sigh.

Frugally yours
Abigail
X

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has the straightener fear. Every day I leave my front door and run back to check whether I unplugged my straighteners and they are always off. I KNOW that it is because it is an automatic action that I didn't pay much attention to that makes me question whether I unplugged them or not. What makes it even worse is that I know that my straighteners cut off automatically after a certain length of time. Still doesn't stop me legging it back to the house like a mad woman :/ x

    http://generouslyfrugal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail