Friday 31 May 2013

Bag A Bargain

Being frugal means not spending more than you have to. So I am always deligted when I bag a bargain. Especially with clothes, as they are so expensive.

I know a lot of thrifty-ies who obtain most of their wardrobe via charity shops. I am never that lucky, when I go in everything looks like it has been used to clean the bath before being donated. I still have a wander around, but rarely find anything I want / need.

I have had a lot of success with Ebay and get a lot from Dorothy Perkins as they have fantastic pop up sales. This weekend for instance there is 30% off for 72 hours

3 weeks ago whilst in Lichfield, a new market stall appeared selling ex Marks and Spencers clothes. All brand new but with the labels cut out. I bought a georgous red wool coat from them 2 years ago for £15, but have never seen the stall since. So was delighted to see it again and made a bee line.

I bought this.
 


For £7!
Brand new and they gave me the hanger.

Best thing? It was a size 10 and it fit. I reckon it would cost £22 –25 retail.

Must have looked nice on, as I wore it a week later to visit my friend P (she introduced me to The Chap) and as I walked home a man stopped and asked me out for a drink. I am 37 years old, slightly porky and that made my day!!!

Frugally yours
Abigail
x
P.S. No post yesterday as The Chap took me out to dinner to celebrate some good news. A proper restaurant with no vouchers and proper starched cloth napkins. Swanky!!! Cannot say anything just yet, but watch this space
P.P.S No, its nothing to do with babies!

4 comments:

  1. Abigail you're killing me with this news! It sounds like very happy news, can't wait til you tell.....soon please (lol) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be a week or two. I am afraid - sorry!

      Delete
  2. Loving the bargains! Glad I am not the only one who never sees anything suitable in the charity shops to wear some people are just lucky. The only item of clothing I have bought from a charity shop in the last few years was a bolero/shrug type thing to go with a party dress for a christmas night out. Some of the stuff you see on the hangers I just despair at I can not believe they try and sell washed out Primark gear at more than what it actually cost new. Glad you had a lovely time out at your swanky dinner :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - i think the recession is making more people watch the pennies and they are not donating "good" clothes but selling them on. Mind you I am currently wearing a black and white coast dress I picked up for £9 on ebay. So shouldn't complain!

      Delete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail