Saturday, 30 November 2013

Trips for Food.

I take great pleasure in keeping my wobbly bits wobbly with food.

As I am guessing many of the main chefs in families are women, you may be like me and mentally planning meals weeks in advance. I can normally tell you the meals I have available for the next  three weeks even if I am not a person who has it all planned out on an Excel spreadsheet.

I do a two monthly trip to Costco, a monthly big shop at the supermarket and then just pop in for fresh milk and veg.

Today was my Costco trip and as last time I went with my friend P who introduced me to the The Chap. She is a retired lady, and as she does not have a Costco card we go together and I pay then she gives me her share back when we get to her house.

I mainly go for the meat, picking up two months supply at a good reduction to supermarket prices.
4 racks of ribs for £9.48. £6  for one rack in Tesco for less meat. I have to add the sauce, but at a Pound from Poundland that's not a problem.

16 chicken breasts for about £12, 2.2kg of strewing steak for £9. And a 2kg pack of bacon containing about 50 thick slices for £7.78.

 You buy in big catering size trays, so as there are only two of  us I have to bag it into portion sizes. The chicken is so big I bag it in singles as one breast will do two of us in a curry.

So the freezer is full tonight.

You would think tonight we would be munching our way through it. Not true as this week week I got given this..

2 free pheasants shot by my new boss. I was delighted as the freezer still contains some salmon steaks after he gave me a whole line caught Scottish salmon a month ago.

Free food is even better than discounted food.

Costco is not only good for meat, I also buy wine there as Barefoot Merlot is £7 in the supermarket, but there I get a box of six bottles for £26.38, less than a fiver a bottle.

I still have to do the main shop, but if by chance we have a zombie apocalypse in the near future TC and I will be eating like kings for a considerable amount of time without having broken the bank.

I am always interested in what other people think is good at Costco, so suggestions would be welcome. 

I have learnt after a few trips that if I do not get their pistachios TC will pout.

Frugally yours
Abigail
X

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you with the pheasant ... we had some given the other week .. it was lovely... saved some for nearer Christmas.

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The *Rog Nashak Yantra* (Disease-Destroying Yantra) is revered in spiritual traditions as a means to invoke health and positive energy. It is installed at a place of worship with reverence and in accordance with prescribed rituals. Our showroom offers high-quality *Yantras* suitable for religious practices and regular worship. If you are looking to purchase a *Rog Nashak Yantra*, a Apna Showroom 24k Swiss Gold Plated Shri Sampurna Rog Nashak Yantra for Home, Office, Business, and Puja Ghar - Spiritual Energy and Prosperity Enhancement (Shree Sampurna Rognasak, Medium, 13x13cm)
    Apna Showroom Shree Sampurna Vyapar Vridhi Yantra with Lakshmi Kuber Yantra for Home, Office, Business, and Puja Ghar - Spiritual Energy and Prosperity Enhancement
    Apna Showroom Lice and Nits Removal Hair Comb for Women Apna Showroom Dressing Hair Comb for Men lice comb women lice removal comb lice comb plastic
    health-oriented *Yantra*, or a spiritual *Yantra* for *Puja* online, this is an excellent choice. Please note that medical treatment is essential for any health issue; the *Yantra* serves as a medium for religious faith.

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail